Friday, February 1, 2019

Getting back to Photography



Im not going to sit here and say im a photographer or have any photography skills,
but Photography is such a relaxing hobby i picked up a few years ago, and somehow i stopped taking pictures all together... i and think i want to get back into it! 

But i want to learn how to take portraits and try to get some photoshop skills! 
i want to add some special effects on some pictures and i think that would be rad! 
but of course for now i will take nature-y pictures as its easier.




as you see this Hummingbird, they've been visiting us quite often, so i decided to refill the water nectar for them to take, (as you can see ants love it too) and im just so stunned how they aren't afraid if you get close to them, i had time to run upstairs to get my camera, went outside but it wasn't there anymore so i decided to wait for about 4 minutes and it came back and took another drink, and i took some pictures and you know the DSLR cameras has a shutter sound and it did not frighten them at all.. one even just floated around facing me wondering what i was doing... and they kept drinking.

Typically Hummingbirds eat 5-8 times per hour since they flap their wings 80 times per second and they need to refuel often, many say Hummingbirds hardly stop flying but the ones in my backyard i always see them perched on the trees taking long rests, gives us the chance to see them up close! 




Taking pictures up-close seems quite easy, as im an amateur i dont know proper photography rules or skills but i like how some of my pictures comes out, i took this pic of my Succulent in my yard right after it rained.

i do slightly edit these pictures with the Afterlight app on my Phone, i transfer them from my camera to my phone to edited them quicker than on the computer and i love the end result, 
next thing i want to learn how to take pictures of myself, since soon i want to make fashion posts i need some pictures of me to be taken, ive tried asking family members to help me but they really dont know how to take shots like i want them to so i guess homegurl needs to learn how to pose and shoot.. WHICH also i need to learn how to pose omg im THEE least photogenic person alive... 

anyways.. sorry for this least exciting and short post, i had no time to write something else, ive been knitting like crazy and working on custom orders for my Etsy shop... but next week might make a fashion post... i dont know... i'll try... haha anyways here's some pictures ive taken ...











My Dogs are my best models


Thanks for reading 
Love, Carol.

No comments:

Post a Comment